On the 28th and 29th November the Diocese of Newcastle and Hexham carried out a Section 48 inspection in our school. They inspected Catholic Life, Collective Worship and Religious Education. The overall effectiveness of St. Oswald's Primary school was judged as 'Outstanding'.
St Oswald’s RC Primary is an outstanding Catholic school because:
- It is a warm and welcoming school with a tangible sense of community, helping pupils to develop their faith.
- All pupils are inspired by, and enthusiastic in, their response to Collective Worship. From the earliest age pupils listen intently, show respect and offer heartfelt responses.
- Collective Worship is outstanding. It is central to the life of the school on a daily basis and a key part of school celebrations.
- Pupils work well together demonstrating very positive and enthusiastic attitudes to all aspects of school life.
- St Oswald’s is a prayerful community, committed to Catholic tradition and ethos. The Catholic character is well reflected in the environment through the beautiful displays, prayer stations and artefacts in classrooms and around the school, which are all well used.