Year 5 had the honour this morning of drawing the Christmas Raffle.
1. Mr and Mrs Elf - Emily D Year 5
2. Elf - Poppy Year 3
3. Smellies - Daisy Year 4
4. Wine set - Jack W Year 2
5. Large Lantern - Ava Year 2
6. Watch - Harrison Year 6
7. Lush Set - Sophie Year 1
8. Toy - Emily Year 1
9. House Lantern Set - Lily Year 3
10. Soap and Glory - Nathan Year 6
11. Snuggle Toy - Anastasia Year 4
12. Lynx Set - Oliver - Year 4
13. Small Lantern - Jack Year 2
14. Nemo Picture - Anabelle - Nursery
15. Biscuits - Rebecca Year 4
16. Learn to Play Guitar - Ella - Reception
17. Snow Picture - Ruby B Year 3
18. Small Lantern - Rebecca S - Year 4
19. Playdough - Gracie Year 5
20. Watch - Lola - Reception
21. Snuggle toy - Noah - Reception
22. House Lantern Set - Leo - Year 3
23. Martini - Alice - Year 1
24. Art set - Poppy - Year 3
25. Smellies - Scarlett (Nanna) - Reception
26. Stocking - Martha Rai - Year 4
27. Watch - Noah - Year 4
28. Picture - Niamh - Rec
29. Snuggle Toy - Emily - Year 2
30. Clock - Mia - Year 1
31. Childrens Hamper - Molly - Reception
32. Adult Hamper - Betsy - Nursery
33. Make Up Set - Ruby D Year 5
34. Fire Engine - Kristen - Nursery
35. Hero Toy - Blake - Nursery
36. Stencil Set- Stevie - Year 4
37. Scrapbook Kit - Rebecca - Year 6
38. Wood Activity Set - Ryan - Year 1
39. Babycham Gift Set - Joshua - Year 4
40. Candle Gift Set - Cai - Year 2
NAME THE MOOSE - 'MR BOJANGLES' - Rebecca Year 6
St Oswald's Christmas Bake Off
Wow! What a great success our school Christmas Fundraising event was. The children were very enthusiastic bakers with some budding 'Star Bakers' amongst them.
Each class chose and baked their own festive goodies to sell. We hope you enjoyed them.
All monies raised subsidises educational visits/visitors during the school year.
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED - £579.61
Thank you for supporting the Children In Need charity. Our Head Boy and Girl have sold the Pudsey and Blush merchandise all week and managed to sell everything! The children look SPOTACULAR today with all their spotty clothes on and have enjoyed learning about the charity and taking part in some spotty activities. AMOUNT RAISED £440
HARVEST FESTIVAL - 'Hope and Hospitality'
Thank you to all who donated food to our Harvest Festival. The local charity 'Hope and Hospitality' were very grateful and asked us to pass on their thanks on behalf of the many local people that they are able to support with your donations.
Cafod - Harvest 'Be a SMARTIE this Harvest'
Following last year's very successful 'Brighten Up for Harvest' we are continuing to support CAFOD in our own colourful way. Each child received their own tube of colourful Smarties. For 2 weeks the children have been encouraged to collect coins that fill up the tube eg 5p, 20p, until the tube is full again, maybe doing some small tasks around the house eg 5p for making their bed, 20p for washing the dishes. At our celebration assembly we found out which class was the 'SMARTIE est'. Well done to the nursery which raised a magnificant £111.50 and the total amount raised throughout the school was £561.07.
The children shared how they raised some of their money.
"I straightened my bed." Jimmy (Nursery)
"I helped my Mam get my brothers ready for school." Keira (Year 6)
Macmillan Coffee Morning
Friday 29th September
Every cake and cuppa helps make a difference to people facing cancer. By supporting this charity we are helping to fund Macmillan nurses as well as support lines, financial support and advice to families and carers.
The Mini Vinnies have helped organise this coffee morning as their first charitable project this year.
Thank you for all the cake donations. We enjoyed a very successful morning, raising a fabulous £288.
“We walk in the footsteps of Jesus so that we may have life in all its fullness”